Jul 16, 2013
At Port Qasim the value of our strategic geographic location empowers us to be a pivot for growth in Pakistan’s economy. Our efficient infrastructure system positions us to become a regional hub for cross trade to Central Asia, China, Afghanistan, and India. In the near future we aim to provide a one-window solution to local and international trade.
Our planning includes:
- Draft depth improvement to support large vessels;
- Facilitating economies of scale for trade;
- Specific industrial/business zones for optimal utilization of land;
- Night navigation;
- Logistics distribution parks and warehousing for improvements in supply chain;
- Additional concessions for bulk terminals as well as oil and gas terminals;
- Rail connections for up-country locations through Pakistan;
- Transit sheds and customs clearance for Afghan and Chinese cargo ;
- Job creation.
Through focused and innovative planning Port Qasim aims to becomes an efficient hub for goods and services. Since countries that are integrated in the global supply and investment chains will be the drivers of future global economic growth, Port Qasim envisages assisting Pakistan to become a contending force in the new economic world order.